About CPIPS 2023|
In 2021, a total of 45 domestic innovative drugs will be approved for marketing in China, which is a significant increase in number compared with previous years, and a number of heavyweight drugs will be approved frequently, which is a highly anticipated innovation breakthrough. In 2021, the Patent Law, the Implementation Measures for the Early Settlement Mechanism of Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes (Trial), the Provisions on Several Issues Concerning the Application of Law to Hearing Civil Cases of Patent Disputes Related to Registered Pharmaceuticals and the Administrative Ruling Measures for the Early Settlement Mechanism of Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes have been released and implemented one after another, and the patent linkage system expected by the industry to promote innovation and encourage generic products has been put into practice. The Implementing Rules of the Patent Law involving the compensation system for the patent term of drugs are expected to be released in the near future, which will have far-reaching impact on the intellectual property planning of China’s biopharmaceutical enterprises and the innovative development of the pharmaceutical industry, with both challenges and opportunities.
In this context, the 8th China Pharma IP Summit 2023, organized by YIP Events & Intellectual Property Frontier New Media, will be held in Shanghai from September 20-22, 2023, with the theme of “setting sail against wind and waves”. The two-day conference and one-day pre-conference seminar will focus on the early resolution mechanism of pharmaceutical patent disputes, patent term compensation, new changes in patent licensing and infringement, IPR planning under the new law, the patent situation of cutting-edge biotechnology, the latest development of patent examination and infringement litigation in Europe, U. S., Japan, South Korea and India, and the construction of compliance system and related legal issues for biopharmaceutical enterprises. The conference aims to build an academic exchange and cooperation platform for pharmaceutical IP practitioners and promote the innovation and development of China’s pharmaceutical industry.
CPIPS 2023 Will Help You Understand|
• Agreement on IPR Terms in Biopharmaceutical Licensing/Co-R&D Contracts
• Different modes of cross-border BD transactions and legal risk avoidance for biopharmaceutical enterprises
• Roundtable Discussion: Options for domestic and overseas listing of biopharmaceutical companies to be listed and analysis of the differences in regulatory requirements for IPRs
• Governance framework for human genetic resources management in China and recommendations for standardization of compliance efforts
• Regulatory policies and compliance considerations in gene therapy and cell therapy in China and the U.S.
• How do biopharmaceutical companies build compliance systems for data and human genetic resources regulation
• Patent characteristics and layout strategy of ADC drug Payload
• How to deal with the relationship and strategy between source patent applications for protecting each component of ADC and patent applications for protecting the combination of components
• Differences in patent examination practices and patent drafting strategies for antibody drug inventions in China, Europe and U.S.
• Recent developments of European single patent and unified patent court and the impact on European patent strategy of Chinese biopharmaceutical enterprises
• Comparison and difference analysis of patent term compensation systems in China, U. S. and Europe
• Practice and difference analysis of supplementary experimental data review in China and Europe
• Patent developments and patent application strategies and considerations in Japan, Southeast Asia, South Korea and India
• IPR layout and strategy formulation practices of Chinese pharmaceutical enterprises in Southeast Asian countries
• Thoughts and insights of the Beijing Intellectual Property Court on the trial of cases involving patent links
• Ruling ideas and insights from the Drug Adjudication Committee on the trial of patent linkage
• Drug Administration further standardizes and interfaces with issues related to patent linkage for patent information registration platform
• Different perspectives on generic drugs and innovative drugs: Challenges and practices of patent linkage system
• Interpretation of patent claims and determination of the scope of protection of pharmaceutical patents
• Issues of inventive step and claim drafting of pharmaceutical patents
• Determination of equivalent infringement of biopharmaceutical patents and patent avoidance designs in China and U. S.
• Trade secret protection and system construction for biopharmaceutical enterprises
• Patent application and domestic and foreign patent layout strategy for cell therapy enterprises
• Discussion on hot issues of patent licensing and confirmation for drug combinations and indications
• How to overcome the requirements of Written Description and Enablement in U.S. patent law and corporate patent claim writing strategies
• Strategic practice of pharmaceutical patent lifecycle management and implications for Chinese pharmaceutical companies
• U.S. biosimilar patent case in 2022 and 2023
• Litigation trends in U.S. biopharmaceutical frontier technologies and implications for Chinese biotech companies
• Stimulating the vitality of pharmaceutical innovation: How far is China from the implementation of the drug trial data protection system?
Benefits of Attending|
• Unique opportunity to raise your profile and showcase your expertise of your organization in Pharma IP area
• Enhancing and establish your partnerships with In-house counsel and industry peers globally to protect your patents and market exclusivity
• Catch up the global pharma IP landscape and trends to build your strategies to adapt it
• Exploring the opportunities of China’s pharmaceutical market and its impact on global innovation system
• Branding your IP services by in-depth conversation,speaking and exhibition booth in front of global pharma IP professionals throughout this three days pharma IP focused summit
• Getting Insights from leading in-house IP counsel, patent prosecutors and litigators, government officials and policy experts from around the world on latest and hottest pharma IP issues facing IP professions today
• Arranging meetings with participants during the conference (Pre-Conference workshops, Tea break, Cocktail parties and Lunches )by using CPIPS 2023 online networking system